RSS

Saturday 13 August 2011

LIM Christmas

Hello All,
I know I haven't blogged for ages but the holiday finally arrived and off we went to sunny Tunisia again!. Well, I'm back now and decided to do a bit of crafting. First of all I made 60....yes 60... cards for my podiatrist which she uses to remind people about their appointments. This wasn't as big a job as might seem as they are super-simple cards.
Then I decided to use my imagination a bit but thought I'd stick with something fairly simple and decided to join in with the LIM challenge which is a One Layer Card this time. Now this is not as simple as it sounds and I'm still not sure about the result, so have a look and see what you think!


Before you say anything, I know the sentiment isn't straight and normally I would have stamped it on another piece of card and layered it over the original mess but as it's a OLC I couldn't do that.
Anyway, everything is SU.
Card - Kraft
Stamp sets - Lovely as a Tree, Silent Night & Season of Joy
Inks - Close to Cocoa, Basic Grey & Whisper White.
I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to re-stamp with the WW for the snow effect. (That's what it's supposed to be anyway!)


Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon...honest!




18 comments:

Chrissie said...

I think that to achieve more of an impact for the central image, it would have benefited from being stamped and then masked so that when the trees in the background were stamped over the masking, they would have appeared as if behind the church!
Sweet card however!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous Christmas card!!

Kathyk said...

Think we've all done that with the sentiment but your card is so lush I'm sure no-one will notice

Kathyk

Marlena M. said...

Lovely trees! ;)

Sarah said...

Very pretty card!

My name is Wynneth said...

60 cards ! well done !

Pretty Winter scene on your card and that is a lovely church stamp.

hugs
wynneth
x

Suze Bain said...

A lovely wintry scene. Great inking! xx

bea said...

congrats on getting all those cards done! Like the colour scheme of your image it is soft on the eye

Mandi said...

Nice subtle effect, you can always mount a sentiment over that one later Anne

Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

carrie-lee said...

A lovely christmas card Anne, hope you had a lovely holiday too xxx

Aileen said...

These are super images for Christmas cards. Very wintry scene. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely scene, and card,

Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas card Anne, great colours!
Helen x

Unknown said...

This is a lovely card Anne! Love your design and the stamping is great in all the colours! :)
Lizy x

Anne said...

Lovely card and of course now you've photographed it the sentiment can go on ;)
Anne
x

Jenny said...

Love the over stamping to give the effect of snow :)
Jenny x

Diane said...

Winter Wonderland..so pretty!

Franka Benjaminsen said...

It's a beautiful Christmas card. Love the colours and the softness of the white ink, just like snow.
Franka

Post a Comment